Soda-Fired Ash White Glazed Fluted Urn with Attached Saucer
Please select all options.
This fluted urn is inspired by the classical form of Anduze urns from the south of France. The Anduze form is one of the most recognizable from the French pottery tradition. The form is said to have originated in the 17th century, with inspiration taken from elegant Medici urns, and blended with the more austere Uforms of the Cevennes region. Traditionally, Anduze pots were designed to hold orange or lemon trees in the estate gardens in southern France.
- Handthrown in Rockdale, Wisconsin
- Fired to 2350° F
- Soda fired stoneware glaze
- Attached saucer
- Drainage hole allows for direct planting.
- For indoor and outdoor use, but not frost proof; store inside during winter months
- Price Includes UPS or USPS shipping to the Continental USA
- Since each pot is made by hand, and fired in a soda atmosphere, variations in size and color are to be expected.
- Dimensions (In)
Approximately 9" Top Diameter x 7.5" Tall
- Care Guide
Handthrown in Rockdale, Wisconsin Fired to 2350 degrees Fahrenheit Soda fired stoneware glaze Drainage hole allows for direct planting. For indoor and outdoor use, but not frost proof; store inside during winter months Price Includes UPS or USPS shipping to the Continental USA