#12 Wide Rope Rim with Collonade Foot
Please select all options.
This pot features an ornamented rim made by using a "coggle" or "roulette". This is a round clay or wooden wheel with textured decoration on it, that is run around the pot just before the potter takes the pot off the wheel. It can be used for roping or dentil motifs under a rim, or to add texture to the full rim. A slightly smaller scale of the same rope motive is used for making a collonade foot, which adds a bit of balance and formality to the form.
- Handthrown in Rockdale, Wisconsin
- Fired to 2000 degrees fahrenheit
- Fired-on mineral wash finish
- Drainage hole allows for direct plainting
- For indoor and outdoor use, but not frost proof; store inside during winter months
- Dimensions (In)
11" top outside diameter x 10" tall
- Care Guide
This pot was fired to 2000 degrees fahrenheit, but care should be taken to not leave the pot outdoors in freezing temperatures.